2007 World weightlifting championships-blurb book This post is not meant as a shameless plug, just a quick photo journey of the competition. Doing single image two page layouts of head shots at the beginning was a mistake. I just wanted to practice doing a two page layout. But it was a poor choice of photo, what was I thinking? When you view these pages in the slideshow the center edges don’t match, however when the book is bound they do.
I did this book in early 2008 as a personal project. The intention was never to sell it, I just wanted to do it for learning about personal publishing.
- Was I happy with the finished product? It was pretty good.
- Was I happy with my layout? Probably not.
- Was I happy with blurb? Yes.
- Was it easy? Yes and No. Always print a small book sample, only one copy, preferably the smallest number of pages. Invariably no matter how carefully you proof it there will be mistakes.
- Did I use a blurb template? No.
- Was it a big time commitment? Yes , at least for my 160 page book.